Pediatric and Adolescent Gynaecology FAQs
Where are you located?
We have two outpatient practice locations at two convenient locations in London. We see patients at our newly opened clinic in the City of London near Liverpool St and in Central London at The Portland Hospital. Our consultants have vast expertise across a range gynaecological specialties’ and see patients for a host of gynaecological conditions at both sites.
What specialist services do we offer?
At London Gynaecology, we provide general gynaecological services as well core expertise in laparoscopic surgery and laparoscopic myomectomy, HPV, bleeding after menopause and early pregnancy.
- General gynaecology
- Contraception including coils and implants
- Cervical screening and colposcopy
- Ultrasound scan
- Hormonal health and menopause
- Early pregnancy care and screening
- Antenatal care and scans
- Pregnancy loss and recurrent miscarriage
- Nurse-led Clinic
At our newly opened clinic in the City of London, we provide a scan only service and a Nurse-led clinic every Monday morning with Lead-Nurse Jennifer Byrne and offers services to look after and care for your gynaecological & sexual health.
We see patients for the following conditions:
- Abnormal smears (colposcopy, treatment of CIN with loop and laser)
- HPV virus (testing and vaccination)
- Uterine fibroids (key-hole and open surgery)
- Heavy periods, abnormal uterine bleeding, post-menopausal bleeding
- Pelvic pain
- Endometriosis (key-hole surgery)
- Uterovaginal prolapse
- Ovarian cysts (key-hole surgery)
- Endometrial (uterine) cancer (by key-hole hysterectomy)
- Early cervical cancer (by laser cone biopsy)
- Early pregnancy complications such as miscarriage, blighted ovum or ectopic pregnancy
- Recurrent miscarriage
- Fertility (health checks and follicle tracking)
- Recurrent Thrush
- PMS & PMDD
Where would patients be admitted if they needed a procedure?
If a surgical procedure or an inpatient stay is required, our consultants have admitting rights at London’s leading private hospitals, which include: The Portland Hospital, Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth, The Harley St Clinic and The London Clinic.
Outlined below are the Hospitals where procedures can be performed by consultant:
- Mr Pisal currently has admitting rights to The Portland Hospital, The London Clinicand the Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth
- Mrs Pisal currently has admitting rights to The Portland Hospital, BMI The Cavell and BMI The King’s Oak Hospital.
- Miss Wilson, Ms Flemming, Miss Evans, Mr Phadnis, Miss Bowring, Ms Swer, Mr Vakharia and Ms Khinder have admitting rights to The Portland Hospital and The London Clinic
- Miss Shah has admitting rights to The Portland Hospital
Your consultant will help you choose one of these hospitals based on the planned surgical procedure and travelling convenience for you. The hospitals are approved by all the major insurance companies and you will not be limited to one hospital for your outpatient appointments or surgery.
Which insurance companies do you work with?
Our consultants are approved with a wide range of UK and international insurers. Please contact both your insurance company, and the clinic on 0207 10 11 700 (24hrs) for more information.
A letter from your GP and pre-authorisation is usually required unless in an emergency. Please quote the consultant’s GMC No (given below) when speaking to your insurance company.
(Mr Pisal: 4492142, Mrs Pisal: 4566911, Ms Flemming: 4384209, Miss Wilson: 6057678, Miss Evans 3462243, Mr Phadnis: 5208882, Miss Bowring: 6056106, Ms Swer 6048470, Mr Pandya 3281769 Mr Vakharia 6129425, Ms Khinder 7223653, Miss Sapna Shah 04652810 Mr Cesar-Garcia 7595340).
How do you work with self pay patients?
We are aware that many patients are self-funding and in these instances it is preferable to have a GP letter, but not always required. We have many self pay packages that provide transparent pricing to patients upfront, these can be found on our website on the fees page. If you have any questions regarding the price of our service, please contact our team.
Is there a minimum age for an appointment?
The minimum age for a patient to have an appointment varies by consultant:
- Mr Pisal, Miss Flemming and Miss Wilson minimum age is 16 years
- Mrs Pisal will see patients of any age
- Mr Phadnis or Miss Bowring, Mr Vakharia, Ms Khinder, Ms Swer and Miss Shah’s minimum age is 18 years
Any patient under 16 should make the practice aware when enquiring so we can contact the patient to understand more about their medical issue as it may be that the patient needs to be seen by another doctor.
If you are under the age of 18 you must bring a parent or a guardian to your appointment.
Accessibility Notice: Patient information
If you require any documentation, letters etc printed on coloured paper or in larger font, please let one of our members of staff know who will be happy to help.