Coil Fitting Package
Our coil fitting service is a simple solution to contraception.
Who is it for?
Every woman considering having a coil fitted (IUD, IUS, IntraUterine Device) for contraceptive purposes.
As required. Most coils will need removing after 5 or 10 years depending on the type.
What does it involve?
Having a coil fitted involves:
- A consultation with a Consultant Gynaecologist
- Full history taking and pelvic examination
- Blood pressure assessment
- Contraception review
- Coil fitting (range of coils available including hormonal and non-hormonal)
- Removal of existing coil if required.
- Detailed written report emailed or posted to you and your GP
- Prescription arrangement
- Direct access for any urgent health concerns
Our coil fitting package does not include a follow up appointment as we generally refer patients to their GP for follow up. A follow up appointment post having your coil fitted can be included at an additional charge of £240.
We advise patients to take paracetamol 30mins prior to their coil fitting appointment.
For more information on coils and coil fitting, read our ‘All About Coils’ blog written by Consultant Gynaecologist Miss Meg Wilson here.
If you are visiting us at The Portland Hospital, there may be additional hospital charges that will be billed directly to you by the hospital and the total invoice amount should be the same.
Our packages are for self pay patients only, if you have private health insurance, please discuss with the consultant during your appointment.
- £570 Coil Fitting (hormonal)
- £470 Coil Fitting (non-hormonal)