Our vulvoscopy package gives reassurance with thorough analysis of the cells all within an outpatient appointment.
A vulvoscopy is an examination of the vulval skin using a telescope. It is performed for the investigation of vulval itching or pain or irritation and to rule out pre-cancer of the vulva. The examination does not hurt but the application of the stain may cause a stinging sensation. The examination is performed in less than 5 minutes.
Who is it for?
A colposcopy is for women who have:
- Persistent vulval itching
- Vulval pain or irritation
- Further investigation of skin conditions such as lichen sclerosis or lichen planus.
- To rule out pre-cancer of the vulva caused by Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)
What does it involve?
It is a simple outpatient procedure to examine the vulva with a microscope (called a colposcope) to visualise the vulval skin. Our standard vulvoscopy package includes:
- A consultation with a consultant gynaecologist
- Full history taking
- Vulvoscopy procedure
- Explanation of results
- Detailed written report emailed or posted to you and your GP
- Direct access for any urgent health concerns
When will I get the results of my vulvoscopy?
Your specialist will discuss the colposcopy findings with you. The report will usually be ready within 10 days.
- £630 (consultation and vulvoscopy)