Covid-19 Safety Measures
At the present time, patients will still be required to wear a mask for infection control purposes.
Masks can also be provided on-site at both The Portland Hospital and at our city clinic located within Austin Friars.
What we are doing to keep you safe during your appointment?
At London Gynaecology, your safety is paramount. The following are the steps we are taking to minimise the risk during your visit.
- Where possible we request that patients only enter the premises. Please do not bring anyone with you unless in exceptional circumstances or such as early pregnancy or pregnancy scanning appointments.
- All healthcare professionals will wear a mask and appropriate PPE.
- All healthcare professionals are tested for Coronavirus infection as appropriate.
- Temperature check for everybody (including you) at the point of entry into the premises.
- Patients will be requested to wear a mask inside the premises.
- Many patients will want to avoid travelling to the clinic and we will continue to offer telephone and video consultations where appropriate.
- We will be happy to continue your regular prescription such as the pill, HRT etc (after appropriate checks) and send it to your pharmacy or get it delivered to you through an online pharmacy. To request a repeat prescription please click here.
To ensure we are maintaining the highest levels of infection control, we ask that you are aware of the guidance regarding handwashing. One of the easiest ways to protect yourself and others from illnesses such as food poisoning and flu and COVID-19 is by washing your hands. By doing so, it removes dirt, viruses, and bacteria and therefore stops the spread of viruses to other people and on to objects. We encourage patients to view the guidance regarding handwashing techniques and best practice prior to your appointment.
The handwashing guidance is by the NHS National Safety Agency and has been adapted from the World Health Organisation on hand hygiene and care.