What specialist services do we offer?
At London Gynaecology, we provide general gynaecological services as well core expertise in laparoscopic key-hole surgery (including robotic surgery), colposcopy, treatment of cancer and early pregnancy. We treat the following conditions:
- Abnormal smears (colposcopy, treatment of CIN with loop and laser)
- HPV virus (testing and vaccination)
- Uterine fibroids (key-hole and open surgery)
- Heavy periods, abnormal uterine bleeding, post-menopausal bleeding
- Pelvic pain
- Endometriosis (key-hole surgery)
- Uterovaginal prolapse
- Ovarian cysts (key-hole surgery)
- Endometrial (uterine) cancer (by key-hole hysterectomy)
- Early cervical cancer (by laser cone biopsy)
- Early pregnancy complications such as miscarriage, blighted ovum or ectopic pregnancy
- Recurrent miscarriage
- Specialist ultrasound scanning
Where would they be admitted if they needed a procedure?
Mr Pisal currently has admitting rights to The Portland Hospital, The Wellington Hospital, Highgate Hospital and the Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth.
Mrs Pisal currently has admitting rights to The Portland Hospital, BMI The Cavell and BMI The King’s Oak Hospital.
Miss Wilson, Ms Flemming & Miss Evans have admitting rights to The Portland Hospital.
Your consultant will help you choose one of these hospitals based on the planned surgical procedure and travelling convenience for you. These hospitals are approved by all the major insurance companies and you will not be limited to one hospital for your outpatient appointments or surgery.
Which insurance companies do you work with?
Our consultants are approved with a wide range of UK and international insurers. Please contact both your insurance company, and the clinic on 0207 10 11 700 (24hrs) for more information.
A letter from your GP and pre-authorisation is usually required unless in an emergency. Please quote the consultant’s GMC No (given below) when speaking to your insurance company.
(Mr Pisal: 4492142, Mrs Pisal: 4566911, Ms Flemming: 4384209, Miss Wilson: 6057678, Miss Evans 3462243)
How do you work with self pay patients?
We are aware that many patients are self funding, in these instances it is preferable to have a GP letter, but not always required. We have many self pay packages that provide transparent pricing to patients upfront, these can be found on our website on the fees page. If you have any questions pertaining to cost please contact the practice secretary.
Is there a minimum age for an appointment?
The minimum age for a patient to have an appointment varies by consultant:
- Mr Pisal or Miss Wilson minimum age is 16 years
- Miss Flemming minimum age is 14 years
- Mrs Pisal will see patients of any age.
Any patient under 16 should make the practice aware when enquiring so we can contact the patient to understand more about their medical issue as it may be that the patient needs to be seen by another doctor.
If you are under the age of 18 you must bring a parent or a guardian to your appointment.