Our HPV vaccination programme provides protection against most cervical cancers and all genital warts.
Why have the HPV vaccination?
Cervical cancer is caused by HPV, fortunately there are vaccines available that protect against 4 HPV strains protecting against 70% of cervical cancers and 9 HPV strains protecting against 90% of cervical cancers. Both vaccinations offer protection against genital warts which are also caused by some strains of HPV.
For more information on the vaccine please click here.
When is the vaccine given?
This vaccination is a course of three intramuscular injections at 0, 2 and 6 months with the first dose at a date of your choosing. It is not thought at this stage that a booster dose is required.
Who is the vaccine for?
The vaccine is relevant for all women, ideally carried out before sexual debut but as the vaccine protects against all 4 strains and only 1% of women are exposed to all four types it is likely that 99% of women are likely to benefit from this vaccination.
What does it include:
- 1 * 30 minute consultation with a Consultant Gynaecologist
- 3 * vaccination injections
- Detailed written report emailed or posted to you and your GP
- Direct access for any urgent health concerns
- Smear test and HPV sub typing can be added at an additional cost if required
For more information on HPV, cervical cancer and abnormal smear management please visit our specialist website, London Colposcopy.
Please note that our self pay packages are available at The Portland Hospital only. Please enquire with the practice secretary if you wish to book at another hospital.
Please note that our packages and consultation fees will be changing for all appointments on or after 1st April 2019. If you are considering booking an appointment on or after 1st April, please discuss with the practice secretary.
- £790 HPV vaccination (including triple injections against 9 strains HPV, consultation, administration)
- £965 HPV vaccination (including triple injections against 9 strains HPV, consultation, administration, smear & HPV test)
To book an appointment now please call:
020 7101 1700