Pre-Pregnancy Health Check
Get your body ready for having a baby with our pre-pregnancy check, giving you peace of mind that your body is ready as you begin this exciting journey.
Who is it for?
Women wanting to start trying for a family
What does it involve?
- 30 minute consultation with a consultant gynaecologist with pre-pregnancy advice
- Abdominal and pelvic examination
- Blood tests including
- Full blood count
- Blood group and rhesus type
- Atypical antibody screen
- Haemoglobin electrophoresis
- Syphilis, Rubella, Toxoplasma, Hepatitis C, Hepatitis B, Varicella Zoster, HIV tests
- Glucose & Vitamin D
- Thyroid function test
- Comprehensive report
- Direct access for any urgent health concerns
The following tests can be added to a pre-pregnancy health check at an additional cost:
- Cervical smear
- Ultrasound scan
Please note that our self pay packages are available at The Portland Hospital only. Please enquire with the practice secretary if you wish to book at another hospital.
- £600 (Including consultation and blood tests)
To book an appointment now please call:
020 7101 1700