Fertility Health Check
Starting a family should be a happy occasion, but for many couples it can be an anxious period of waiting. London Gynaecology’s fertility health check provides reassurance and guidance.
Who is it for?
Women or couples wanting to test their fertility potential.
At the age of 30, 35 and 40 years or if there is any delay in conceiving
What does it involve?
- 30 minute consultation with a consultant gynaecologist
- Abdominal and pelvic examination
- Transvaginal ultrasound scan
- Blood tests including
- Day 2-5 FSH, LH, oestradiol (ovarian hormones), Prolactin
- AMH (test for ovarian reserve)
- Vitamin D
- Day 21 progesterone test (test of ovulation)
- Thyroid function tests
- Comprehensive report to you and your GP
- Pre-conception advice
- Direct access to consultant 24/7 for any urgent health concerns
The following tests can be added to a fertility health check at an additional cost:
- HyCoSy test
- Infection profile
- Semen analysis for partner
- Cervical smear
- Pre-Pregnancy blood tests:
- Full blood count
- Blood group and rhesus type
- Atypical antibody screen
- Haemoglobin electrophoresis
- Syphilis, Rubella, Toxoplasma, Hepatitis C, Hepatitis B, Varicella Zoster, HIV tests
- Glucose & Vitamin D
- Thyroid function test
For more fertility information visit our specialist website, London Fertility.
Please note that our self pay packages are available at The Portland Hospital only. Please enquire with the practice secretary if you wish to book at another hospital.
- £740 (including consultation, transvaginal scan and blood tests)
- £890 (including semen analysis)
- £1200 (including HyCoSy test)
- £1350 (including HyCoSy and semen analysis)
- £1670 (including HyCoSy test and semen analysis and pre-pregnancy blood tests)
To book an appointment now please call:
020 7101 1700