Coil Fitting Package
Considering having a coil fitted? Our coil fitting service is a simple solution to contraception.
Who is it for?
Every woman considering having a coil fitted (IUD, IUS, IntraUterine Device) for contraceptive purposes.
As required. Most coils will need removing after 5 or 10 years depending on the type.
What does it involve?
Having a coil fitted involves:
- 30 minute consultation with a Consultant Gynaecologist
- Full history taking and pelvic examination
- Blood pressure and BMI (Body Mass Index) assessment
- Contraception review
- Coil fitting (range of coils available including hormonal and non-hormonal)
- Detailed written report emailed or posted to you and your GP
- Prescription arrangement
- Direct access to consultant 24/7 for any urgent health concerns
Our coil fitting package does not include a follow up appointment as we generally refer patients to their GP for follow up. A follow up appointment post having your coil fitted can be included at an additional charge of £220.
Please note that our self pay packages are available at The Portland Hospital only. Please enquire with the practice secretary if you wish to book at another hospital.
- £490 Coil Fitting (hormonal)
- £440 Coil Fitting (non-hormonal)
To book an appointment now please call:
020 7101 1700