Coil Fitting Package
Considering having a coil fitted? Our coil fitting service is a simple solution to contraception.
Who is it for?
Every woman considering having a coil fitted (IUD, IUS, IntraUterine Device) for contraceptive purposes.
As required. Most coils will need removing after 5 or 10 years depending on the type.
What does it involve?
Having a coil fitted involves:
- 30 minute consultation with a Consultant Gynaecologist
- Full history taking and pelvic examination
- Blood pressure and BMI (Body Mass Index) assessment
- Contraception review
- Coil fitting (range of coils available including hormonal and non-hormonal)
- Detailed written report emailed or posted to you and your GP
- Prescription arrangement
- Direct access for any urgent health concerns
Our coil fitting package does not include a follow up appointment as we generally refer patients to their GP for follow up. A follow up appointment post having your coil fitted can be included at an additional charge of £220.
For more information on coils and coil fitting, read our blog here.
Please note that our self pay packages are available at The Portland Hospital only. Please enquire with the practice secretary if you wish to book at another hospital.
- £490 Coil Fitting (hormonal)
- £440 Coil Fitting (non-hormonal)
To book an appointment now please call:
020 7101 1700