Nuchal Translucency & Combined Screening Test
A specialist ultrasound scan that measures a collection of fluid behind the baby’s neck at a key point of time in pregnancy, offered at our practice location within The Portland Hospital.
What is it?
Nuchal Translucency is commonly carried out with a hormonal blood test of the mother and the combined result indicates the baby’s risk of having certain chromosomal conditions such as Down syndrome. This test is undertaken between 11-13 weeks of gestation.
The scan will be performed by leading consultant in Fetal Medicine, Mr Pran Pandya, using state-of-the-art in house scanning facilities. Mr Pandya is an established and well-known consultant, widely published in the field of fetal medicine and brings vast expertise as the Director of Clinical Lead of Fetal Medicine services at University College London Hospitals, a world renowned centre for fetal diagnosis and therapy.
When is the Nuchal Translucency undertaken?
The Nuchal Translucency is undertaken between 11 to 13 weeks +6 during pregnancy.
What are the risks of the test?
There are no known risks of completing the test however it is important to remember that this is a screening test and can be falsely positive or falsely negative. Further diagnostic tests such as CVS or amniocentesis may be needed for further assessment.
What does it test for?
The scan is almost always carried out abdominally and has a number of other benefits:
- To date the pregnancy accurately
- To assess the risk of Down Syndrome and other chromosomal abnormalities
- To diagnose multiple pregnancies
- To diagnose certain major fetal abnormalities
- To diagnose early pregnancy failure (missed miscarriage)
Our Nuchal Translucency and combined screening test (10 weeks and 12 weeks) package:
We offer Nuchal Translucency with a first trimester anatomy scan and combined screening. This will be performed by leading consultant in Fetal Medicine and includes the following:
- Nuchal Translucency and first trimester anatomy scan (11 to 13 weeks +6 ) with a Fetal Medicine consultant
- Combined screening test
The package includes:
- A collection of images to take home on the day
- Written report in hand on the day
- The comprehensive written report will be sent to you, via your preferred communication method
- Option for the written report to be shared with your GP/referrer
Make an appointment:
London Gynaecology is private gynaecology practice led by a team of consultant gynaecologists at our practice locations at The Portland Hospital and Austin Friars, City of London. We’re delighted Mr Pranav Pandya consultant in Fetal Medicine has joined our team and will be performing this package, along with our Antenatal Screening and Scanning packages.
This package is available at our practice location at The Portland Hospital only. Visit our specialist website, London Early Pregnancy, to learn more. For enquires and appointments, please call our team on 0207 10 11 700 or by emailing them at [email protected]
- £315 Nuchal Translucency and first trimester anatomy scan (11 to 13 weeks +6) and combined screening test
- £250 Nuchal Translucency exc blood test