Join our team: Sonographer (part time)
London Gynaecology is a leading private Gynaecology Practice, based at two locations: The Portland Hospital, one of London’s leading private hospitals, and our new clinic in the heart of the City of London.
We are looking for an experienced Sonographer, with a special interest in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, who will promote our ethos to provide expert advice and care and a first-class patient experience.
The position is based at our City of London clinic on Mondays and Saturdays.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Conducting a range of scans from gynaecological pelvic scans to early pregnancy reassurance scans, and including transvaginal and transabdominal scanning
- Capability to scan and diagnose reasons for general gynaecological referrals, including abnormal bleeding, ovarian cysts, adenomyosis, fibroids, polyps, carcinomas, polycystic ovaries and infertility
- Clearly explaining sonography procedures to patients and making them feel at ease
- Confidently dealing with sensitive and difficult situations, especially when delivering bad news
- Producing high-quality ultrasound reports and images using Viewpoint
- Keeping accurate records and making referrals where necessary
- Confidently interpreting ultrasound scans in order to share findings with Consultants
- Liaising with Consultants, healthcare assistants and admin staff to enhance patient care
- Ensuring a high quality, patient-focused, professional service is delivered at all times
- Managing a busy patient list while maintaining a positive can-do attitude and the ability to be flexible
- Taking part in regular Consultant meetings and being a part of multidisciplinary teams
- Ensuring the ultrasound machine and consulting room are checked on a regular basis to maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene at all times
- Complying with safety guidelines and relevant Codes of Practice, and conducting audits
- Keeping up to date with CPD, annual appraisals and mandatory training
- Helping with any other duties that are required throughout the practice
- At least five years’ experience with gynaecology and early pregnancy scans
- Current and/or recent experience in both private and NHS settings
Qualifications and Skills:
- Registered with BMUS, SoR or HCPC
- Diploma of medical ultrasound
- Evidence of professional updates
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work both autonomously and part of a team
- Professional and practical attitude towards work with strong imaging and reporting skills
- Competitive rates
Interested applicants should email their CV and cover letter to Snehal Babar: [email protected] Subject line: Sonographer: job opportunity.
Unfortunately, we will only be able to contact successful candidates – but we thank you for applying and for your interest.