An abnormal smear result can be a worrying time. Our colposcopy package gives reassurance with thorough analysis of the cells and treatment, if required, often within the same appointment.
Who is it for?
Woman who have
- had an abnormal smear result and needs further examination
- symptoms such as bleeding after sex, irregular bleeding or contact bleeding
What does it involve?
A colposcopy is a simple outpatient procedure to examine the cervix under magnification and bright light to look for signs of abnormality and is carried out within an outpatient appointment. During this procedure it may be advised to remove cells for histological analysis or even carry out treatment.
- 30 minute consultation with a Consultant Gynaecologist
- Full history taking
- Colposcopy procedure
- Explanation of results
- Detailed written report emailed or posted to you and your GP
- Direct access to consultant 24/7 for any urgent health concerns
The following tests & services can also be added to the colposcopy service at an additional cost:
- Cervical smear and HPV sub-typing test
- Biopsy and histological analysis
- LLETZ (Large Loop Excision of Transformation Zone) and histological analysis*
- follow up consultation
*price applicable if within the same appointment as the colposcopy
- £540 (consultation and colposcopy)
- £770 (consultation and colposcopy and cervical biopsy)
- £640 (consultation and colposcopy and HPV sub-typing)
- £720 (consultation and colposcopy and smear and HPV sub-typing)
- £880 (consultation and colposcopy and loop excision of transformation zone and histological analysis)
To book an appointment now please call:
020 7101 1700