An abnormal smear result can be a worrying time. Our colposcopy package gives reassurance with thorough analysis of the cells and treatment, if required, often within the same appointment.
Who is it for?
Woman who have
- had an abnormal smear result and needs further examination
- symptoms such as bleeding after sex, irregular bleeding or contact bleeding
- been referred by their GP for unusual appearance of the cervix
What does it involve?
A colposcopy is a simple outpatient procedure to examine the cervix under magnification and bright light to look for signs of abnormality and is carried out within an outpatient appointment. During this procedure it may be advised to remove cells for histological analysis or even carry out treatment.
- 30 minute consultation with a Consultant Gynaecologist
- Full history taking
- Colposcopy procedure
- Explanation of results
- Detailed written report emailed or posted to you and your GP
- Direct access for any urgent health concerns
The following tests & services can also be added to the colposcopy service at an additional cost:
- Cervical smear and HPV sub-typing test
- Biopsy and histological analysis
- LLETZ (Large Loop Excision of Transformation Zone) and histological analysis*
- follow up consultation
*price applicable if within the same appointment as the colposcopy
Please note that our self pay packages are available at The Portland Hospital only. Please enquire with the practice secretary if you wish to book at another hospital.
- £540 (consultation and colposcopy)
- £770 (consultation and colposcopy and cervical biopsy, including lab fees)
- £640 (consultation and colposcopy and HPV sub-typing)
- £720 (consultation and colposcopy and smear and HPV sub-typing)
- £880 (consultation and colposcopy and loop excision of transformation zone and histological analysis)
- £2900 (laser cone biopsy under general anaesthetic daycase procedure including hospital, surgeon and anaesthetist fees and histology)
To book an appointment now please call:
020 7101 1700