Job opportunity – Health Care Assistant (HCA)
London Gynaecology is a first-class private gynaecology practice operating from leading hospitals and private clinics across London, with 12 consultants as part of the consultant team. In 2021 we launched an independent facility in the City of London (EC2N) and we now require an additional junior healthcare assistant to support our lead nurse, our two healthcare assistants and the clinical team in providing the service and care to patients. Our motto is “Accessible Expert Advice & Care”, and this is delivered throughout our patient pathway. Patient experience is at the heart of London Gynaecology.
This is a unique opportunity for a passionate Health Care Assistant to join a dynamic and friendly team who are dedicated to providing first-class patient care. In return we will offer an excellent competitive salary with outstanding staff benefits and training. London Gynaecology is a growing practice and you will have an opportunity for career progression within the company.
London Gynaecology – City of London (EC2N 2HE)
Job Specification: Health Care Assistant (HCA)
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
Reporting to: Lead nurse
The role involves providing patient care of the highest quality to patients under the supervision of the consultant team. You will also be expected to maintain a safe and healthy environment for patients, visitors and staff. This is a uniformed post and you will be expected to wear uniform as provided and directed.
- Chaperoning patients during consultations, which is one of the key roles that the health care assistant will undertake.
- Ensuring the consulting, treatment rooms and waiting rooms are clean and prepared for the clinic and in between patients.
- Phlebotomy: taking patient blood samples.
- Specimen management: specimen labelling and organizing couriers as required.
- Able to carry out basic observations and the recording of results, and communicating these to the nurse in charge/consultant.
- Ensuring any equipment faults are identified and are reported immediately and actions are taken.
- Responsible for health and safety and fire safety in the clinic.
- Awareness of basic Infection Control Procedures and Sharps Safety Procedures in a responsible manner.
- Supporting the lead nurse on CQC requirements.
- Maintain mandatory training requirements.
Education and Certifications:
- NVQ level 3 or higher (Essential)
- Relevant Care Certificates
Experience and Required Qualities:
- Phlebotomy experience (Essential)
- Experience working as a Healthcare Assistant within hospital or clinic environment, preferably within women’s health and in the private sector.
- Excellent customer care and communication skills.
- You will show strengths in being organised, motivated and have a compassionate nature.
- Maintaining patient confidentiality, dignity and ensuring the correct disposal of confidential waste is followed.
- Awareness of GDPR.
- Excellent time keeping skills and working as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to work with an international, multi-cultural environment and being respectful of cultures and beliefs.
- A willingness to work outside the core responsibilities of the role.
- There may be arequirement to work from our other practice at The Portland Hospital or other sites.
- References will be required as will a DBS check.
Please email your CV and cover letter to our Lead nurse, Jennifer Byrne at: [email protected]